Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday 27 September 2014

Evaluation

Evaluation

The original theme of this project was mannequin, in which I have strayed from a little, but found extremely useful in fashion photography overall. During this project I have stuck to using a model as my "mannequin" in future I would like to look further into still life fashion photography. 

As I am new to photographing fashion photography I found it useful to complete more research on the subject as a whole. I have done this through looking at different type of fashion has different styles of photography in them. I also looked at retro fashion, this gave me an idea of the style that was linked to retro as well as how this changes along with each fashion trend.

I think that I could've managed my time a little better, through finishing earlier giving me more time to complete extra work, research, and shoots.

Through researching both contemporary and historical fashion photographers, through comparing them I saw a difference in the style and techniques used in the photography and this showed me that like fashion, photography changes over time. Looking at fashion photographers it inspired me to use and further research different techniques, the ones I've explored have included bokeh and experimenting with shutter speed. 

Something new I've learnt during this project is how to create a diptych, which is a duo that often tells a story, the two photos usually have a link such as, colour, location or subject. In future, if we feature more diptychs in work I will take more images so I will have more diptychs to use in projects.

One of the tasks I've done has been a model vs mannequin style shoot, where I positioned a miniature mannequin into a pose, then used a model to replicate the pose. 

My first shoot also turned out to be my final shoot, I found this shoot very successful as I used two techniques that I only recently looked into, those techniques being bokeh and shutter speed. Although I think next time I do a shoot at night I need to explore more with ISO, fnumbers and shutter speed to be able to continuously create good shots. 

Overall I am quite pleased with this project as I feel that my final images to a standard I'm happy with. If I was to do this project over I would try to complete all tasks as they were given to ensure I can add or do more after. I have enjoyed this project as it gave me a fresh insight on fashion photography. Learning this type of photography has made me want to continue with it in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment