Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday 6 March 2015

Breaking the rules

Breaking the rules in photography has become more common with contemporary uses, creating images that make you look twice, and think about the process on how the images were created. You can create this in photography through many things, a few examples being: Un-focusing your camera, placing a cover over your lens, using an old camera and remove the lens and make a pinhole or double expose the image.

 I found this photograph falls under the category "breaking the rules" as I believe it makes the viewer look twice. The way this image was taken is there are two bottles one clear the other coloured; I placed the coloured bottle behind the clear to give in the illusion that the bottle is almost inside the other.


This photograph is taken of two bottles, although neither are in focus I thought that this photograph falls into the category of "breaking the rules" as both bottles seem to float in front of the open book, neither on a solid surface (so it seems) 

 In this photograph I have experimented with the focus, although instead of the subject (the glass) being in focus the background is. To ensure that the subject says the subject I have placed so it sits almost in the centre, covering the majority of my shot.

With this photograph both subjects are not in focus, although I don't think that ruins the image; as I still think that it looks strong and bold, almost classic. The negative looks as though it has been restored giving it a historical finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment