Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday 6 March 2015

Evaluation

Evaluation:

For this project the theme was "Glass", in which I had ideas instantly, from everyday objects, mirrors, reflective surfaces etc. This project is also darkroom practise based, meaning I have had the opportunity to move forward and expand on the skills I previously learnt whilst in the darkroom (both colour and black and white) 

When finding out about that this project's theme was glass I instantly thought that glass is a perfect object for photographing because the stress and differing diversity could be dramatically illuminated. 

Through researching historical and contemporary photographers I found inspirational, different ways in which I could use glass to take interesting photographs that could be inspirational or eye-catching to the viewer/s. I found that the classic finish of historical imagery mixed with contemporary techniques in what I could use in my photographs.

During this project I have completed multiple shoots in order to give me the knowledge of how the take successful photographs of glass using light and angles to my advantage, in order to later take through to the darkrooms. I have taken something away with all of the shoots I have completed, including how to use a lightmeter out of the studio, more ways on how to make more successful darkroom negatives, using a lightbox with a film camera etc. 

I enjoyed working more in depth with film photography, learning what makes a successful enlargement and negatives as well as learning the different processing in the black and white and colour darkroom. 

The problems that occurred during this project were that I don't think that I was given enough time to be in the black and white darkroom. And because of complications with film processes I was unable to actually go into the colour darkroom, therefore I had to find an alternative, that being I have to scan my negatives into a computer to then print them separately. 

Overall I found my final prints quite successful, as I think that they reflect the theme quite well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment