Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday 10 January 2015

Editorial piece 1

Guardians of the Galaxy Interview:

So Chrissie-

Please call me Chris

Okay- Chris how was stepping into a world like this, learning to live in space?

I think you’re talking about the props and toys and sets and costumes. All that stuff makes my job easy, it’s not easy, but it makes it much easier because it’s doing a lot of the work the props, the costume, mask and guns, everything that distracts the viewers attention from me I invite, just in case I fuck it up please just look at the cool guns.

I imagine it’s difficult balancing being a badass and being super funny…

Not at all, just being me [Laughs] Just kidding. I had enough people helping I just hope that I even remotly portrayed badass.

[Laughs] Were there any characters you were inspired by or looked back on and thought, I sort of want to be in that realm?

Oh man, don't make me decide... Well I did love Rocket's character absolutly hilarious, Bradley Cooper did a great job. I think Drax is awesome. Not only the character but Dave Bautista the actor. I just really adore him so much and think he’s very, very good. So unique. I just really love him.

So did you ever imagine that your role as inter-galactic bad-ass would require so much dancing? 

Well that's all Petra Quill, kid of the 80's. I really thought I nailed it though [Laughs]

Both you and James (Gunn)  are very funny, how important is comedy to telling the story of the Guardians of the Galaxy?

Oh, super important. I think comedy is very, very important, especially in this film. I mean, if we pull this off right, it’s going to be hard for other movies to come out that are like this. They’re going to seem pretty unfunny compared to our movie, I think. James is really, really funny. It’s really rare that someone makes me consistently laugh out loud, and he really does. We have similar senses of humor, and a really great relationship and banter on set that probably could be seen as inappropriate, but it’s really keeping us both sane. This is ultimately his movie and his voice, and you’ll definitely see that humor through the course of this movie. And I think it is important and key to making this movie work, because it’s not just a straight action-adventure type of movie. I think all the best big adventure movies have comedy, like all the ‘Indiana Jones’ movies and like a ‘Romancing the Stone’. Any type of movie where you have an adventure, potential budding sexual chemistry and humor all together, it really works.

Well Thank you Chris

Thanks dudes!

No comments:

Post a Comment