Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Evaluation

Evaluation

For this project the theme was Hollywood reported, in which I believed to be very flexible as you could choose to be influenced my any film of your choice, regarding film style, a character, scenes etc. 

I chose two movies to take shoots on Guardians of the Galaxy and The Dark Knight Rises.
Guardians of the Galaxy was chosen as I thought that taking photographs based off of a futuristic theme, that I would be able to experiment using different lighting techniques to create an galactic themed finish. The Dark Knight Rises was chosen purely on the character Selina Kyle/Catwomen. I chose to take these photographs on location as I thought that would create another link with the film using street views, brick walls and an urban theme overall.

Through researching historical and contemporary photographers I found that the historical photographers/cinematographers images were iconic, classic and bold. In which I think worked extremely well for it's time. Although the contemporary photographers/cinematographers photographs are what I felt most inspired to I found their work powerful, interesting, and unconventional. It was this research that lead me into choosing my films, giving that they were both contemporary, modern, films. 

During this project I have completed multiple shoots, the ones I have most enjoyed and learnt the most from was the studio shoots. I learnt about different lighting techniques such as, hard and soft light, beauty dishes, reflectors, snoots, soft boxes, ect. 

I enjoyed working in more depth with editorial photography, learning what catching the viewers eye and how to take a shoot with the idea in mind that these photographs will be used commercially, for my editorial piece. 

Overall I found my final editorial and final photographs quite successful. For my editorial piece I used external research for interviews and articles to help write up my interview. I found that the layou tof my editorial piece reflected the film that I have chosen using, a marvel/comic-book theme. 

No comments:

Post a Comment