Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday 5 June 2015

Evaluation

Evaluation:
For this project the theme was "All Around Us" giving myself as a photographer the chance to take all I've learnt through this course and put it into a genre of my choice. The genre's of photography that I have chosen are still life, portraiture, and fashion photography. My final images include all of the above in some shape or form. 

I started this project through researching different photography genres the genres that I researched were fashion, portraiture, still life and documentary. Through this research I discovered that I have enjoyed each of these genres and would find a way to incorporate the majority of them. With researching fashion photography I found editorial and high fashion something I enjoyed working with in the past I would like to take forward in this project which I think I did successfully. With portrait photography not something I'd worked with much in the past I discovered with this project that I quite enjoyed it specifically the way you can use light to influence the feeling in an image. During the research into portraiture I found the style of environmental portraiture quite interesting as I thought that including a model in her natural environment would create an interesting finish. 


Therefore deciding to make my final photographs diptychs. One half of my diptych will be of still life in fashion using clothing accessories and footwear. For that half I will be using colour to link to the other half in which will be environmental portraiture incorporated in fashion; the fashion half of this image is also the props (clothing) used from the first half of the diptych. Through further research into the chosen genres I found multiple photographers that I felt has influenced and inspired me in the project. I enjoyed thoroughly researching the contemporary photographs of Walemar Hansson and Emily Soto as I wanting to get my final photographs a sense of fantasy and a classic finish I've also noticed with the historical photographs of Edward Jean Steichen. 


My planning was easy to do as I found that it was simply thinking about my shoot and ideas that I may need. The hardest part was filling in the risk assessment as I struggled to pick out the possible risks and decide what the outcome of the risks happening would be. Next time I will spend more time thinking and analysing my shoot and the risks. 

I have decided to present my work in the form of a e-zine on the website https://www.joomag.com/ which I found whilst researched different ways in which to present my final image, I think it goes well to use an online magazine due to the fashion side of my final images.

My final shoot went very well as I believe I achieved the results I wanted out of it. Although not everything went to plan I am happy with the outcome as I had to experiment more with techniques and settings to use. Even though I am happy with the outcome of this shoot, if I were to do this again, I would complete my final shoot earlier giving me the chance to re-do shots I don't believe to be too successful. 

Overall I am happy with this project as I feel that my final images are as I wanted them and my work is completed to a standard that I am happy with as well. If I were to do this project again I would spend slightly more time on some tasks than others as I struggled more with some than others.


No comments:

Post a Comment