Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday 5 June 2015

My Proposal

Proposal:
Through researching multiple genres of photography I have decided to incorporate both portraiture, fashion and still life photography in the form of diptychs, using colour as the common factor in the two photographs. 

The fashion side will be incorporated with the still life. I want to use fashion articles (Clothing, footwear, accessories) as one side of my diptych; using articles of the same colour to create the shot using interesting compositions I think that this would be very successful as editorial as well as high fashion photography perhaps used in magazines, posters and other editorial/commercial photography. 

For the other side of my diptychs I will be using a model sporting something with the same colour (make-up, clothing...) as the still life diptych in order to create a common interest. These photographs will be taken with the idea of portraiture and fashion photography in mind. 

From my researching photographers recently, I gathered inspiration from the contemporary photographers Waldemar Hansson and Emily Soto. I find the vintage almost aged style brought into modern photography to be a big influence in the style that I want to use within my own photographs during this project. This style of photography to myself seems almost fantasy like whilst still having a strong place in high fashion. I would like to experiment in this project with composition, lighting techniques as well as after editing to create the modern finish that I am looking for.

I am hoping to work primarily in digital form as to create more leeway to after editing to help influence the fantasy/high fashion style I am going for. Although I will also include film based photography as to evidence a more experimental side to my chosen genres, even if I don't use them in my final pieces of work.


No comments:

Post a Comment